John Lambert
ROUTES Scholar John Lambert

Throughout the Co-op, ROUTES Scholars are encouraged to attend Boston area conferences, especially when given an opportunity to present their work. On Saturday, April 16th, ROUTES Scholar John Lambert attended the 18th Annual Northeast Student Chemistry Research Conference. The conference is organized by students and is focused on the research of undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral students.

Read more about the conference in John’s words:

Last Saturday I attended the Northeastern Section Younger Chemists Committee’s annual conference. This year it was at Umass Boston’s new Integrated Sciences Complex. The conference brings together chemistry researchers and students from all over the Northeast to share their work and learn about the work of others. The day was filled with poster presentations, elevator pitches, and interesting talks from researchers, including a professor from MIT. I presented a poster about my work on Y-family polymerases, and other graduate and undergraduate students from my lab presented their work. Though I am not a chemist by the strictest sense of the word, I enjoyed learning about what others are working on.

Scholars from our first ROUTES Cohort have attended a wide variety of conferences both in Boston and around the country. Visit our News page to find out more about where they’ve gone.

This website was supported by Award Number R25ES025496 from the National Institute Of Environmental Health Sciences. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institute Of Environmental Health Sciences or the National Institutes of Health.